Friday, April 20, 2012

stash busting ~ washcloths

Nothing cute about this project.  Though the yarn is amazingly soft.  It is wonderful for baby items and washcloths.  And baby items and washcloths are good stash busters.  Stash busting is good for making room for more great yarn finds.


I find great deals on yarn that I can't pass by.  I got this yarn about 8 years ago in the clearance bin for 50 cents a skein.  For that price it all came home with me; 20 skeins of various colors.   This is how my stash has been growing out of control.  Last year I put a hold on buying new yarn and I did better with it than I thought I would. Except for the great deal withdrawals.  There is something exciting and addicting about great deals!  I need to come up with a new plan soon because I saw a gorgeous bamboo silk blend the other day.  It was an amazing deal and now I'm kicking myself for passing it by.


1 comment:

  1. I have made myself stay out of JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby for months at a time so I am not tempted to buy yarn and fabric that are good deals. I also stay away from the Yarn Shoppe unless I have a specific project to do because their yarn is expensive, it's worth the money though. That is how I keep my stash from growing. My current project is wool diaper covers.

    ReplyDelete