Monday, June 7, 2010

all patched up

This is a typical patching on my son's pants.  I don't understand how he rips out all his pockets.  We ended up mending 9 pairs of pants: one zipper and knees, one snap, pockets, and knees, one knees only, the rest were pockets and knees.  I am done with mending for a while (I hope.) 


I do have 2 pairs of jeans that need some work done for my girls, but those are a bit different. I can get creative and have fun. They are more like altered couture.

I did try to get my son to agree to something more fun, but he just stared at me for a while and said "no, uh, no way. I'm not a girl. Just jean fabric patches in squares and rectangles; maybe some camo."  So this was as creative as we got with his mending.

          

2 comments:

  1. How cool! I'm happy to hear that they are learning to take care of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I need to patch some of my jeans, too.

    ReplyDelete