Monday, April 5, 2010

old school or grade school?

I had an exciting Friday night trying to figure out a layout for the quilt. I started to lay out the charms on the floor in patterns but between the dog and the littles it was not working out. If it was the dog alone it wouldn’t be a problem. I could tell him to lay down somewhere he will and if I tell him to stay he will . Now add in the littles calling him and running around all crazy like; laying the charms out on the floor is a bad idea. No worries though; I came up with a plan B.

Plan B involved graph paper, colored pencils, scissors and glue sticks. To be technical add in some markers, card stock, and an eraser. You know the phrase a picture is worth 1000 words? Well I won’t bore you with the details.


This felt like a grade school project: uneven cutting, half colored blocks, sticky fingers and all. Strangely it was fun. But not in a this is how I want to spend every Friday night way. It was fun in a onetime only kinda way.

Does anyone know of a better way to try out quilt patterns?  Perhaps a good computer program that is VERY user friendly?  Anything?  Because if I have to do it like this more than a couple times I might have to revert to fleece baby blankets.

1 comment:

  1. You're hard-core. I lay them out on my bed, because that is where people will stay out of them (at least for a little while...if I shut the door...).

    Lookin' cute!

    ReplyDelete