Wednesday, January 1, 2014

hello 2014

With all my Christmas projects finished I was able to think about my first project to do in 2014.  Well my second project but first fiber related one.  The first project was clearing the clutter out of my closet.  Not so fun though really necessary.  I justified not having to clean or put things away for a couple months because the clutter was helping to hide Christmas presents.  It worked till the day after Christmas.
 
Now onto things that are more fun.  I've been looking at crochet motifs and granny squares quite a bit lately and decided I want to make a afghan.  I like this bobble pattern but when I made it there was something about it I didn't quite like.
 
 
Maybe it needed a little more color....

 
I do like it better with more color but nope, it wasn't a color thing.  I realized that the bobbles are cute and I like the texture but my ocd side will have issues.  I see myself spending a lot of time trying to keep them all from going concave.  Not how I want to spend my time.
 
I decided to try a sunburst pattern and really like it.

 
I found lots of pretty colors to use with making sunburst granny squares that were already in my stash.  So the first craft project  of 2014 is a stash buster project, YAY!


 
I'm making good progress and trying not to think of how many granny squares I will need to make.  Just thinking of all the color combinations I can make with the pretty yarn.
 
 
Happy 2014!

7 comments:

  1. Those look great! And, now that you've cleaned your closet, you can crochet guilt-free. I'm not allowed to start any new projects for a while. Maybe I'll let myself start 1 new project for every 3 old projects that I finish. Motivation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It could work, but 1 new project for one old project sounds better :)

      Delete
  2. Those are some beautiful, bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm hoping the colors help brighten up the darker days of winter.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun project! Enjoy your stash buster. I am out of yarn and fabric. I used up the last of my fabric a few months ago. I decided at the end of the year last year I wasn't going to prebuy project supplies anymore, I don't want to make the space for storing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy you are amazing at keeping the clutter out of your house!

      Delete
    2. Only because I fear becoming a boarder if I don't keep the clutter down.

      Delete