Sunday, July 18, 2010

228 down

3378 to go.


This quilt has sat on my sewing table for over a month without any progress. I could feel it there, haunting me, needing to be done before new projects are started. Does anyone else feel haunted by unfinished projects?

My excuse this time? (avoidance) The perfect binding fabric never showed itself. (avoidance) I could probably wait and look for a year and the perfect binding fabric wouldn’t show up. (avoidance) What was I avoiding? Making a decision? Perhaps the hand sewing?...the decision.

Something had to be done. No more avoidance! Taking a bit of “the dog that bit it" cut into smaller squares and sewn together I made the binding... finally.

I see several long familiar movies in my week: Pride and Prejudice, Tess of the D’Urbervilles, Cranford, North & South.  And an estimated 3600 hand sewn stitches to finish off this quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Your binding is super-cute!

    I'm haunted by projects that haven't even got past the "you know what would be a good idea" phase. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete